Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Driving

I'm not quite sure what I'm witnessing, but my driving seems to fit my personality on certain days.


Like today.  I was driving to the Library to return some books and my driving was like the Bobbsey Twins.  I was just driving along, noticing how some folks had planted their gardens, and looking at the newly painted lines on the Holmes football field, and my neighbor's coral bells that are so huge and checking out the color of the Licking river and looking for a J because I'd decided to play the alphabet game on the way home and oh yeah there's a stop sign.  I mean ding.y.


Some days I'm honey badger, not giving a shit about anyone else on the road or what they're doing.  Honey badger don't care.  Honey badger just floors it.


And then there are days when I'm the perfect driver, courteous, but authoritative; obeying all the signals; wearing my seat belt (ahem); signalling lane changes, you know:  teutonic.


The best part of driving in Covington is getting out of my driveway.  It's a kind of harbinger as to how the rest of the drive will go.  There's a tree sticking out in our driveway and about the time you see the front of the house, you gotta hang a left or you hit the tree.  Honey badger days I'm outta there with no problems.  I even do it fast.  Today I was weaving all over the driveway.  My neighbors across the street were rolling on the floor, I'm sure.


I never know which driver personality I'll have on any given day but I think like honey badger best.

2 comments:

  1. ...yeah...about that seat belt thing. Invariably, every time I call my Mom when she's driving somewhere I can hear that seat belt chime in the background. Buckle up! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Alex: I have told her not to call me when it's not buckled! I feel your pain!!! :)

    ReplyDelete