Friday, April 20, 2012

My cuz

My cuz Katherine came by last week and brought her friend Pat with her.  They were on their way to an artists' workshop at Kanuga in North Carolina.  I'm surprised the house didn't go up in smoke!  Those girls are live wires and they know how to talk and listen and have a good time!  Maybe it's because of their artwork.


Here's the painting I own of Katherine's:


I had to take this picture at an angle because of the glare from the window behind my desk.  She says she's evolved from this; M owns a more recent painting of hers with a patterned background that is stunningly orange behind foliage.


Pat's work is very different.  I only have some of her note cards and I picked out 4:


I especially love the upper left one.  The colors are more vibrant than here.


So, Pat and Katherine, thank you for stopping by and blowing fresh wind through our place!  Hope your own spirits were refreshed at Kanuga!  


Here's the linkage for both of them:  Sisters of the Brush

1 comment:

  1. Janet! I lost the email that you told me the blog name, but, well, you named it very well after all. Found it in a New York minutes.

    Thanks for the plug and the link, I'll go back to my blog (it's at http://katherineharra.blogspot.com/
    and add YOUR link to mine!

    Katherine

    ReplyDelete