Monday, April 16, 2012

Today we're finishing up our back yard.  Ryan and John have done a fantastic job of edging, mulching, laying in a beautifully natural stone walkway, planting, etc.  The three of us who live here have each had ideas for how things should look, and funny enough it all works!  David's funny solar cactus looks great with my birdbath and Millard's plantings.  None of us can pass a nursery without bringing home some new plant-child for the yard.  Yesterday alone, we planted Lambs Ears, and Begonias, and Bee Balms, and Louisiana Blue Phlox, and Heuchera (the kind with the yellow leaves) and wild Geraniums.  


My lettuces and radishes are up and looking good.  But the Oregano and Chives are being very shy.  We've kept the center of the lawn open for croquet.  Of course.  I hope to post a shot of Peanut (the cat) drinking out of the birdbath.  Koestlich!  


Tonight we have our first rehearsal for the World Choir Games.  I have no idea what we're getting into, but it'll be wonderful to sing with Musica Sacra again.   Singing is so good for the soul.  

1 comment:

  1. So........when are you going to give me the landscaper's contact info????

    Everything looks great!

    I cleaned out another flower bed today.....so much work, but feels good.

    I don;t think I can do veggies this year. Last year: get inside of house squared away; this year: get flower beds and yard under control; next year: VEGETABLES. :)

    ReplyDelete