Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Requiem

I had wanted to insert a picture over the purple of my hair dryer.  But I couldn't figure it out.  So imagine my hair dryer there.

I bought my hair dryer in Rolla, Missouri many years ago.  Rolla is a good place to buy a hair dryer because it is on the edge of the Bible Belt and everyone knows the correlation between Bible Belt and Big Hair.  

The reason I feel sad for losing my hair dryer (who died a sudden and loud death three days ago) is that it saw me through so many bad hair styles with absolutely no complaining.  

There was this lovely do:



And then this one even shorter:


What was I thinking!


And my long long hair from Rolla:


That's me on the left.  A let his hair dry naturally.


And then, the other day, as I was getting ready to go have lunch with my friend Judy at the Taft Museum, for pete's sake, my hair dryer made one loud popping noise and died.  My left side looked great and Judy was very sweet about the right one.


Rest in peace, hair dryer.

2 comments:

  1. Those pictures!!!!!!!!!!! I must say, I liked the short hair, though. Now, the long hair on both of you is priceless. RIP hair dryer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Me oh my. Those were the days. I must say though, I don't miss being called "Ma'am" ...or having a waiter come to the table and go "Hello ladies..." at restaurants. :-)

    ReplyDelete